Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Resolution

My first resolution is to lose weight. I know more than a few people that are going on a "slow carb" diet. They've read a book called Four Hour Body, and this diet is defined in that book.

I haven't read the book; but I know basically what it says from what my friends have told me. Certain carbs are ok: beans are the only ones I can remember. Anything white or that could be white is out - flour, sugar, etc... Also, corn and potatoes are no good, as are any other foods that are essentially starch.

It helps to diet in a group, and also, keep track of what you eat. Keep a journal, use a calorie tracker, or just take pictures of your food. That's what I started this blog to do. I'll be posting pictures of my meals. I'll also be sharing recipes.

If you're on this diet as well, please subscribe and give me feedback on my meals. I'd like to get it right.

My goal is to get down from a 50 waist pant size to a 46.

No comments:

Post a Comment